Lipids are key molecules for membranes, energy storage and signalling. I have been privileged to have worked in such a diverse field and in organisms from microbes to humans. Here I will describe some of those contrasting areas which range from environmental impacts to food production and on to human health. It has been a fascinating journey which still continues to excite me.
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin motifs;
- bottom-up control analysis;
- endoplasmic reticulum;
- polyunsaturated fatty acids;
- surfactant protein;
- top-down control analysis.
- © 2017 The Author(s); published by Portland Press Limited on behalf of the Biochemical Society